It’s the beginning of a new decade! Are you setting a new path in reading? I am.
Setting my boundaries for reading in 2020
- Read no more than 24 review books, tops. Less if possible. At this point I already have three in the line up. And already hard turning from books I’d read but have others I want to read more.
- Read less books. Take my time. I just want to relax and read and no pressure. I’ll set a goal of 100 books at Goodreads, that will most likely be quite easy – roughly two books a week.
Only participate in one or two challenges.. No Reading Challenges! The other day I was visiting and a young one year old great nephew had some marbles nearby – mother and I had both shaken our heads and said ” No” when he put one in his mouth. I saw him pick up another a little while later and he was going to put it you know where and then he gave a shake of his head! I am giving my head a No shake. However! I most likely will do the discussion challenge again as that isn’t reading!! And I was a little bit more successful in it this year and want to build on that.
- Choose only one online book club book a month to read – I belong to three but I don’t want to get too tied down. And happy if I don’t read any of them in the month, will just be a guide to me.
- Use the library, especially for authors I haven’t tried before or books I don’t really want to buy – but no challenge.
- Read what I really like – not what I think “I should read” but stretch now and then when I think I am in the right mind.
- Listen to audiobooks of course, but no challenge.
- Read some of the books that are already on my shelf or Kindle. Delete or give away if I know its really not going to be a great read for me.
- Buy the newly released books of favourite authors.
- Do some rereading where I can – books I know I loved and er…. have forgotten what was in them.
- Repurpose! My Connect Five Reading Challenge. I enjoyed doing this but it turned out a little complicated and too many guidelines. Instead I am going to run a new link up called Connect Five Friday and there will be a lot less rules. It won’t be a challenge – just a link up. More coming soon.
So 2020 is going to be all about totally reading for enjoyment and and seeing into others lives with differing life experiences. The books I like best. So 2020 a time to chill out with books.
What are one or two of your hopes/plans for reading in 2020?