Join me for 2019 in Connect Five – Books.
Congratulations to the giveaway winner for the second link up.
The five books were connected by all having “One” in the title. You can read the post here.
so another idea – watch the words in the titles.
Other ideas were:
- 5 Debut books
- Contained diversity
- Women growing into themselves
- 5 Goosebump horror books
- A theme of Animals
- 5 Books with List in the title
Thanks to everyone playing along. As you can see, it can be done and now that we are further into our reading year, our book count is growing.
You didn’t need to sign up for this challenge
you can just join in as you see you have five connections.
When you have five that connect in whatever way you are able to group them then link up. How might you do this? One of these ways is good.
- Write and link up a blog post
- Share the five books on Instagram and link up
- Have a Goodreads shelf and link that up – this may be a little different but maybe use it in combination with a comment would be helpful.
- Or… if you belong to none of these places, share five books in a comment.
What’s the Challenge?
To look for connections between books you read. There will be many connections that just float over our awareness. Let’s see can we raise that a bit, whether its fairly surface level or something deeper.
If you need some guidelines for this then see the original post. Connect Five Books.
- A book can only be used once for this challenge in the year.
- The books must be read in 2019.
- Books can be carried over until you have five of something. It may take a few months to gather five of something.
- You may have many connections of five to link up . So if you have two groups of five then you can link up twice and so on within a month.
- You may just link one group of five during the year, or many each month. It depends on how many connections you come across!
- Use the hashtag #connect5books2019 if sharing on social media.
Every second month I will post a link up on the last Wednesday of the month. This one will finish on the last Wednesday of June. (I have changed this, I was going to do it every month, but every second month seems more realistic!)
For those who have a five book connection and link up there will be a random prize draw for one reader who will win a book of their choice for that link up from the Book Depository. The last link up will be posted in November and go through December. At the end of the year there will be one draw as well for all those who have participated during the year, – a book of choice from the Book Depository up to the value of $18 U.S
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
7 thoughts on “Join in Connect Five Books April-June”
It’s been really fun looking for connections in the books I’ve been reading. Sometimes you think you can’t find any, but then you start connecting the dots! 🙂
That’s what I like too Nicole, I don’t set out to try and read books with connections – I just like to look for them as I read.
I recently purchased a lot of the Goosebumps books for my son, so that one would totally work for me. 😉
Thanks again Kathryn. I’m already working on more Connect 5s. I love this challenge!
Here are some ideas I am working on:
*books about dragons
*books with the same title (I’m on my 3rd book)
*books about books, bookstores, libraries
*books centred in Paris
LikeLiked by 1 person
Great list Bev. I am working on books, bookstores and libraries as well. Only reading my second one but have the whole five lined up. Look forward to seeing your five.