Linking up to Angela’s Guilty Pleasures mid year check in.
In 2018 I used the library really well thanks to this challenge and went beyond my goal of 24. This year I am aiming for 36. At this point in time I am a little behind in my goal but made good ground in June.
I like reserving books as soon as I hear about them and often they haven’t been published yet but the library has them on order. Only trouble is sometimes they come in too much at once!
- Becoming Mrs Lewis Patti Callahan Historical Fiction. 5 stars.
- Suitcase of Dreams Tania Blanchard Historical Fiction 4 stars.
- Marilla of Green Gables Historical Fiction 4 stars
- The Red Address Book. Multi Time line Fiction. 4 stars
- Strawberry Hill Catherine Anderson 3 stars
- Meet Me at the Museum Anne Youngson 4 stars
- The Cottage at Rosella Cove Sandi Docker 3 stars
- The Natural Home Wendyl Nissen 4.5 stars
- From Night Owl to Dogfish Holly Sloan/Meg Wolitzer 4 stars
- Ayesha at Last Uzma Jalaluddin 4 stars
- The Accidental Beauty Queen Teri Wilson 3.5 stars
- When We Left Cuba Chanel Cleeton 4 stars
- I’m Fine and Neither Are You Camille Pagán. 4 stars
- Inheritance: A memoir of genealogy, paternity and love. Dani Shapiro 4 stars
- The Secret of Clouds Alyson Richman 4 stars
- The Gift of Friends. Emma Hannigan. 5 stars
So far my favourite books from the library have been two five star reads. Becoming Mrs Lewis by Patti Callahan and The Gift of Friends by Emma Hannigan.
some of the books planned for the second half of the year!
I don’t use the library for ebooks because it doesn’t support the Kindle format. And there audiobook online choice is poor… and I’ve told them so!