Join me for 2019 in Connect Five – Books.
Congratulations to the giveaway winner for the May – June link up Carolyn from the Riedel Fascination blog. She linked five books by choosing that they were all set in European countries.
Other choices for the last two months were…
- Five books with complicated sibling relationships
- Five published in 2019
- Five books by R L Stine
- Five Murder Books
- Five Different Countries
- Five books by Patricia Briggs and 5 books with Alliterative Titles
- Five USA States setting
- Five Books with Sister Relationships
I was very impressed by the five books with alliterative titles I have to admit. I don’t think I could do that!
Remember you didn’t need to sign up for this challenge you can just join in as you see you have five connections.
When you have five that connect in whatever way you are able to group them then link up. How might you do this? One of these ways is good.
- Write and link up a blog post
- Share the five books on Instagram and link up
- Have a Goodreads shelf and link that up – this may be a little different but maybe use it in combination with a comment would be helpful.
- Or… if you belong to none of these places, share five books in a comment.
What’s the Challenge?
To look for connections between books you read. There will be many connections that just float over our awareness. Let’s see can we raise that a bit, whether its fairly surface level or something deeper.
If you need some guidelines for this then see the original post. Connect Five Books.
- A book can only be used once for this challenge in the year.
- The books must be read in 2019.
- Books can be carried over until you have five of something. It may take a few months to gather five of something.
- You may have many connections of five to link up . So if you have two groups of five then you can link up twice and so on within a month.
- You may just link one group of five during the year, or many each month. It depends on how many connections you come across!
- Use the hashtag #connect5books2019 if sharing on social media.
Every second month I will post a link up on the last Wednesday of the month. This one will finish on the last Wednesday of August. (I have changed this, I was going to do it every month, but every second month is going on trial!)
For those who have a five book connection and link up there will be a random prize draw for one reader who will win a book of their choice for that month from the Book Depository. The last link up will be posted in November and go through December. At the end of the year there will be one draw as well for all those who have participated during the year, – a book of choice from the Book Depository up to the value of $18 U.S
This link will close last Wednesday in August. (NZ time!)